Saturday, February 26, 2005

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde


There are two faces to every coin (at least every coin I have ever seen). There are two faces to every man. Like yin and yang, like heaven and earth, like day and night, like good and evil, like God and the Devil, the duality of all existence is beyond doubt. And I am not one but two faces of me.


A visual representation of the cosmos as a plethora of yin and yang

Click here to know more about yin and yang

Some one said to me that I am like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde in real life. Sometimes so sweet and almost immediately quite mean. And that made me wonder, if I was indeed like that. Yes, I am both of me, intermingling as I pass through time. Sometimes I am nice and coy and at others I am quite a devil. How many of us have thought how it would feel to do a crime? How many times have we imagined paramount anger, though we never get around to showing it. That is called restraint and that is what keeps us humans, so to say, "social".

A visual representation of the two faces of man,
one on him and the other in the shadow
Click here to go to the homepage of Jekyll and Hyde

And I thought about it at length. I realised that it is not my fault (at least not entirely), that I have two faces with such varying characters. But I have restraint and that is good. We can never change the fact that we are two faced, but what we can change is how it affects us. We can change the timing of the other, "less appreciated" face showing up, and we can change the difference between the faces. Can we change that in ourselves then? Not really, only to an extent though.

But, you can change it for all the people on whom you have the power, the power due to which, they allow you to affect them. Your children, your parents, your loved ones, your friends, ones who believe that you are their balancing half. Learn to use that half of their belief and change the way they manage their faces. To bridge the difference between the two faces and also to control the appearance of the two faces, everyone needs that vital ingredient called self-confidence. And at this point let me just make this point that I don't believe that there is any other kind of confidence at all. All other forms of confidence can exist only if the self is confident.

Everything you do, affects everything else, a visual attempt

Click here to see a preview of Butterfly Effect

Make their world or break that world, it's all in your hands. Be nice to your children. Understand that, whatever you do, no matter how big or small, affects the whole world and specially the ones who open themselves to be affected by you. Realise that the "butterfly effect" as some people call it, really does exist. Everyone makes a difference, try making the difference positive. Give others more than you have, make them feel that they are the center of your universe, make the world go around them and then watch them grow in confidence. Trust me, you will see the effect you had on them, and even if you don't, you can rest assured that you made a positive difference.div>

What more can a man want then to be wanted? What more can a mother want than her child? What more can I want than to have made a positive difference in my life? We all know what we want, but are we ready to pay the price? Pay it, right now. Stop procrastinating and do it. Tell someone how you appreciate him and he will look up to you. Build their confidence, acknowledge their identity and you will be respected by both his faces. When you are approved by both Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, then you know that you are you (one man with one face).

I am trying to reconcile my Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. No more excuses that I am inert at the hands of my internal conflict. I won't let the dark side take hold of me. I am thankful to that person who made me think on this. I will apply as much of damage control on myself as I possibly can, but I promise to make the ones, who are open to me as a contributor to their lives, be happy to be around me. Calling my future generations, I am ready...

Looking forward

Click here to see more toys of this type
..................................................................................................................................


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?