Thursday, September 22, 2005

Birth...


Yes, let me start the saga at the date we were all born, our birthdays. Our very own, very personal day, our birthday. But imagine how many are born on the same day, the same hour, the same minute, hell even on the same second and milli second as yourself. Don't look so personal to me anymore. And I was not refering to just humans. I am refering to every creation. Think a star, think a billion new stars, think white dwarfs, think black holes.

But when was man born? When, even in concept, was man born? Who conceived us? Some say God. I say Chance, pure chance. And chance is not as random as prople try to make it seem. Read, COSMOS by Carl Sagan and try to imagine how even chance, magnified a astronomical number of times, becomes certainity. We were destined to happen. By we, I mean intelligence, not only humans. We were just meant to be. The fact that we have two hands and five fingers on each hand instead of five hands with two fingers on each is again purely chance. And my instincts tell me, that the creatures I am talking about do exist with almost as much certainity as we exist.

Most may not agree with me, and I can not be least bit bothered. I make this point to show how insignificant we really are. We are like gineau pigs of evolution. We still are pigs yet we seem to be all powerful. Ponder on this, did the dianasours ever think themselves prone to extinction? Do we think we can ever become extinct? The answer to both is no and the similarity is cool.

So, a day when we humans were all born. The day an infinitismally small flash of time in the grand life of the COSMOS. And a flash similar to that and we are born. I was born on the 25th of october. To my understanding, I was conceived around 9 months before that. But lets stretch our imaginations and think. If my dad were not there or my mom were not there and so on and so forth, then I would not have existed. Stretch the thought a bit further and you know that my birth was planned unknowingly by my grandparents. So on and so on and we come to that same flash of time when the COSMOS was conceived. So, technically I was born with the universe. And we celebrate my birthday as if it happened 27 years ago.

That is funny. The point of my birth is so interdependent with the life of my surroundings. We could excuse our ancestors for their lack of knowledge. That is why they worshipped the fires as Gods and the Sun as merely a super manifestation of a human. But today we have more knowledge than ever known to have been in the coffers of humanity and yet we think small. Actually, we think smaller. Our intelligence is not our liberator, but our captivator. Intelligence leads to understanding. It also leads to the SELF, the ID, the EGO, the SUPEREGO. And think again, how small is an ego compared to the universe we inhabit.

We humans, are a mere way-point in the long stretch of evolution. I can see it all around me right now. Some towns are dying, some cities are flourishing. Some cities are also dying. We are all dying actually. We are polluting our environment and making it unsuitable for future inhabitation by our own kind. Makes sense to think that in a few centuries, humans as we know would have changed. They would breathe CO and CO2. They will find this earth the best place to be in. We are in the middle of this evolution and we deny it in the very face of it.

What is birth but a new turn on the old way of evolution. Evolution is like a circular Nascar circuit, where the cars evolve within one lap to use their residues of the previous lap to power them through the present one. Where does it end? It does not seem to lead anywhere. Its a circle, remember!

My point? - Simple - Remember the butterflyeffect? The whole of humanity is merely one such event only. Birth is only a concept to facilitate understanding in the limited span of our intelligence. We were always here, and will remain here forever. So, where was I born? Try guessing. At the big bang.

..........................................

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?