Thursday, September 22, 2005

Revolution...

Something really funny hit me today when I was thinking about evolution of our race. I just had the thought that, if I wanted to name backward evolution, then what would I call it. And a word that popped out was "REVOLUTION". Funnyly enough, it made sense and I din'd fight it. So, I am writing about Revolution (read "reverse evolution") and the mankind. And I remembered a picture that I had collected a long long time back that would fit into this scheme perfectly.
Click here to visit the Simpsons Home Page
We are having a revolution right inside our heads. Try and remember how many idiots we must have met every day, and who says that we are not considered one by the rest who meet us? We are changing, we have stopped growing. Life is going a full circle and we don't seem to care. Come on, where are the leaders? Where are the great musicians? We have the largest population of humans to have ever inhabited the earth and ironically enough, the ratio of splendid people has fallen. We have become a mass of followers following the teachings and preachings of all those great men and women of the past.
A saying comes to my head when I think about our situation, "Grey hair does not always signify wisdom. Sometimes its just a proof of age". I like to modify this and apply to us as a whole in the following way, "More people do not signify more brains. Sometimes they just signify the number of divisions a single brain has undergone to marginally fill each of our heads".
--------------------------------------------

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?