Friday, December 23, 2005

Scary Endeavor

Ever think of buying . Its quite different from only property.  is in a league of its own. I am not joking when I say that the property prices in Bangalore are insane. People from Bangalore will understand what I mean, but seriously, are these prices for real? What's going on people? I try to check out for a small commercial shop for a friend and guess what all problem I had to face. One person changed his mind after seeing my face, at least thats what I am led to believe (I looked too young and hence not trustworthy). Another person won't give it out for nn-veg restaurants (which by the way is what my friend is planning).
 
Now he is thinking of starting a veg restaurant, and trust me, that would be nothing less than suicide. There are so many of these  and all around the city that it is sheer madness to take them on. Some others said they will be willing but can confirm only after a week. Gosh, dealing in property is really sad. I pity those who have this as a way of life. The owner of a property is as finicky as the father of a girl.
 
Then there is the case of me wanting to rent a decent place to stay that is within my budget. What can I say, if I drop the decent, everything will be perfect. But you see, the decent tag comes at a great price. I am terrified of house hunting ever. The prices are absurd and the time you have to spend to get a good place can never be worth it. God has been kind though, that I still live in decent enough quarters. Then I thought, let me buy a house so that I don't ever again have to worry about rent. But that thought was walloped out of me by the first agent I spoke to. "Area", he said. "At least 1500sft" he said. "Budget", he said. "Less than 20", I said. "Location", he said. "Somewhere near  or . Even 2 kms away is ok." He gave me a look that I can't describe, but made me feel myself shrinking and standing 2 feet shorter than before. It was like, "How can you even think like this?" look. That ended my endevor for buying a house. Of course the agent kept trying to convince me that the 500sft, two bedroom house 12 kms from Indiranagar would be perfect for me. I then thought of a farm land away from the city. Thought that at least a couple of acres would do. Looked up the net and found that the average price charged is around 400 rupees per squarefeet. You do the arithmetic to know why even that idea is now burning at my fireplace (not a real one of course).
 
Anyway, no pain, no gain is all I am thinking right now. But affordable property in Bangalore is quite a pain away people.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?