Sunday, January 01, 2006

The new year

After all the noise and festivities, its another new day. Nothing looks or feels different, but mentally I know that I can blame all my misfortunes on a bad year and hence look forward towards a better one ahead. An astrologer once told me that every man is defeined purely by his KARMA, in the past, present and the future. He gave me a very simplistic breakup of every man's astrologically defined (so called) destiny. According to him, there are four parts that club into two groups and when combined as a single entity, this forms the man's astrological destiny. Astrology breaks down a man's astrological destiny into two parts, namely, "Destiny" and "Free will". "Destiny" further can be broken down to "What you did in the past" and "How much of what you did in the past has matured to reflect in the present life". And similarlym "Free will" breaks up into "What are you doing right now" and "What are you thinking of doing in the future". And as a closing statement he said, "If free will is strong enough, it can change destiny, otherwise, with a never-can-be-changed desiny factor, there won't be any point to living. Would there?"
 
I laughed and felt relieved. At least I still control my life by my actions and not because I was destined to be. The feeling that I am in control helps. And that is where the new year concept is so great. It says, leave whatever that went wrong behind and start afresh. Technically we can do that every day, even every hour. But being humans, the support of the rest of the known world surely helps. Its all for hope, its all for knowing that there is some reason to live, that no matter what, being happy is not destiny but free will.
 
Be free. Have the will.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?